Monday 2 January 2012

Stretched myself too thin

I have learned another lesson about living with depression.  That is that taking care of myself has to be constant.  Last night and today I am feeling pretty down.  I feel stretched too thin for sure.  The last couple of weeks have been fun, but I have also neglected some of the things I need to feel ok.  Not enough sleep, not enough exercise, eating too much rich or sugary or salty food, and not enough down time.  It has taken its toll for sure.  Not only physically but emotionally.  Someone once said that living productively with mental illness means that complacency no longer has a place in your life.  This is true.  The things that keep me well have to happen, no matter what.  Today I rest and tomorrow I will start over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment