Friday 6 January 2012

A bit on edge

Lately I've been feeling like I am moving closer and closer to the line between well and depressed.  For awhile there I felt pretty good, but I have been pushing myself too hard.  I felt so good that I forgot some of the reasons I felt good.  Taking care of me being the main one.  Exercise, plenty of sleep, eating properly, a balance between socializing and me time.  My balance has been off for awhile now and I am really noticing it of late.  I've been feeling agitated, tired and down.  My energy to do the things I know I need to is also low.  As my sister said to me when this whole thing started, baby steps.  (This is especially appropriate as I spent  today with my year-old nephew and he is learning to walk).  One thing at a time.  Get some sleep.  Go to the pool.  Cook.  Admit to myself that I am not as well as I would like to be and slow down.  Not try to do too much.  Not try to solve everything today.

No comments:

Post a Comment