Tuesday 31 January 2012

Blank pages

I love a blank piece of paper and a pen when I feel the freedom to write whatever I want.  Really a blank blog screen and a keyboard has almost the same effect.  There is something about writing that inspires me.  Something about it that speaks to the creative juices inside.  I feel like I could conquer the world with a stroke of my pen.  Or write something small that has no effect on anyone except me.  And yet if it affects me, in some small way it will affect others because who I am affects others.  

Maybe I do like a blank page and a pen better because there are more options there.  I could use crayons, or markers or glitter pens.  I could write or draw or doodle.  I can write sideways or upside down.  It can be legible or not.  In the end I can go with my muse, as the saying goes.

Ok, so this is not really about my journey with depression or anything of the sort.  But it is what is inspiring to me tonight.

1 comment: