Tuesday 10 January 2012

Perspective

I went to see my counsellor yesterday as there have been a number of things on my mind of late that I felt like I needed to talk out.  It's funny how someone else can sometimes put rambling thoughts into one line and bring new understanding to it.  As a counsellor that is what she is there to do. Shed new light on things.

I noticed on the way to see her yesterday how things have changed for me.  At one point I had to talk myself into going to see her with every step I took on the way to her office.  Yesterday I wanted to talk to her.  I now find it helpful to be able to talk things through and get some perspective.  It is still hard, and it still felt a bit like throwing my guts on the table and then trying to figure out how to put them back in again.  But I really know now that I will get a new perspective and once I have time to process what she is saying, it will help.  I am feeling much better about a number of things and also know that there are a few things we talked about that will take more time to sort out.

Funny how nothing has really changed, but seeing it in a new light is making all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment