Saturday 14 January 2012

Small things

It's funny how sometimes I notice small things, things that probably would seem insignificant to most people, but to me they are signs of something much larger.  Tonight I did a lot of cooking (casseroles to put in the freezer for lunches).  As I was just finishing up putting one of them into containers, I dumped one of the containers all of the counter.  This made a rather large mess.  My reaction was to say damn, rather calmly, find a bigger spoon to scoop up the food on the counter and then carry-on.  Things like that used to throw me into a huge tizzy.  My anxiety would ramp right up and I would get super upset.  I would have to stop and calm down before I could even start to figure out how to solve the problem.  Truthfully I thought that was normal.  Now I know differently.

I like to see recognize those kinds of moments as they really let me see that things are different.  It is also good to be able to look at these when I have a bad day or a bad moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment