Thursday 3 November 2011

Taking care of me

This morning I woke up and didn't feel awesome.  I was so tired.  I tried for about 15 minutes to get up and then finally decided to sleep this morning and go to work this afternoon.  I was also supposed to go out tonight and decided not to. This kind of behaviour is strange for me in some ways.  It's behaviour that says I am important and I don't have to push myself until I drop or crash.  I can take time to listen to my body at the outset instead of go go go go...

This is a good sign and a lesson all in one.  It's a good sign that I am learning to listen to myself and act accordingly.  It, to me, shows that I am actually internalizing the thought that I deserve to have my needs met and I can take action to make that happen.  It shows that I am learning that I am worthy of love and attention, especially from me.  It's a lesson because I am only starting to realize what it means to have my emotional needs met and how to take action for that.  But, in the end it is the same as my physical needs.  I need to pay attention and take action.

Slowly I am learning what self-esteem really means.  I am learning what it means to show myself love and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment