Friday 25 November 2011

A crush

I found myself completely attracted to a woman this week.  The situation is impossible, start with she's straight and add a bunch more complications.  I know though, that under the right circumstances, I would have hit on her.  And yet, I feel good about the whole thing.

It's been a long time since I dated anyone.  And, in so many ways, I put that part of me away completely.  No risk, no hurt right?  Maybe, but no risk also means being lonely.  I see the fact that I felt that much attraction as a good sign.  It means that I am slowly embracing that side of myself again.  Only now it is different.  I am not trying to force myself to be attracted to men.  I let what is totally natural to me be on the surface.  I let myself find this woman amazingly beautiful and attractive.  I really felt something stir inside.

I feel very unsure of myself when it comes to dating women because I never have.  On the flip side I also know it is so much more of a natural thing for me.  I'm glad to have seen and met this woman.  It has helped me to start to think about a different side of me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment