Wednesday 23 November 2011

The simplest things

I have been noticing of late things that are signals of change for me.  Cleaning my kitchen, cleaning my bathroom,   working out, basically doing.  So many of these things probably seem small to many people, and likely are things they take for granted.  But for me the mere fact that I am doing things, no matter how small, is new.  Depression sucked me dry of all energy and desire to do things.  So often I would come home and sit on the couch all night. I couldn't  make myself do the simplest things.  Doing nothing was all I had in me.  Cleaning up seemed overwhelming, really doing anything seemed overwhelming.

I do not take these things for granted, at least for now.  I cherish the fact that I am getting bored by sitting around doing nothing.  This is a new feeling for me and one that is a good sign.  I am really still in awe of how things feel for me and how much things still keep changing.  It makes me realize how bad things were and makes me grateful for the changes as they come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment