Saturday 12 November 2011

How things have changed

I was just looking at the very first post on this blog, in March.  It was about having mixed feelings about some friends coming over.  Those same friends are coming for dinner again today.  I am looking forward to seeing them.  I have no misgivings about them coming, or my ability to handle it.  I also am way less worried about getting my place totally clean, as I know they care.  I will do a bit of tidying so we can use the kitchen table and all the seats in my living room, but I will likely leave it at that.

The changes I see are amazing.  The last time they came I was so anxious about having the perfectly clean place.  I was also anxious about my ability to manage through a visit.  Today, I am so much more relaxed and I believe I will be much more able to be present with my friends, rather than worrying and feeling anxious about a hundred other things.  I am grateful.  This feels like a gift to me.

2 comments:

  1. Friends had a great time. And I' so glad that we did not contribute to stress this time! You have come soooooooooo far In the past year. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete