Tuesday 31 May 2011

Doing better

It occurred to me today as I was puttering around running errands that I really no longer feel depressed.  I still have a number of things I am sorting through, but I feel a lot more able to see them for what they are and use the rational side of my brain to look at them.  It is nice to wake up in the morning and not dread the day, not wonder how on earth I am going to manage until I can go to bed again.  It is just so nice to feel more level and grounded and like not everything is a big deal.  It is nice to feel like my reactions are in proportion to what is actually happening, for the most part.

It's hard to know at this point how much is the anti-depressants and how much is me, but really that doesn't matter.  The point of taking the anti-depressants is to get to this point where I am able to look at my life and find ways to handle things in a way that is better for me.  For now I will take the benefits of the medication and work on the things I need to so that when it does come time to think about stopping them I will be in a position to do so.  I know that for some people they take them for life, and if that is what happens I'll be ok with that also.

No comments:

Post a Comment