Tuesday 17 May 2011

Up and Down

I challenged myself to be in the moment and enjoy things as they are on this road trip.  I have succeeded at times and not at others.  This is no unexpected really.  I still have a lot of things on my mind that I am trying to sort through and long hours in the car alone is a good time to do this.  On the other hand some of the experiences I have had have been great and I have been able to enjoy them. For example surfing in Tofino, that was fantastic and I was right there in it.  I am glad that I am finding ways to be in the moment better than I used to be.  That is certainly a good thing. 

Some of the down moments have been particularly bad though, which is not so pleasant and a bit scary.  I guess now that I am opening myself up to the range of emotion, it is the full range, from the really  good to the really bad and really down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment