Friday 27 May 2011

The Value of Friends

I've been spending some time on my road trip visiting with friends that I have known for a long time.  It's amazing to me how comfortable that is.  Both of their homes are places where I feel completely at home and like I can be myself, I've let all my guards down.  I am so glad to have people like this in my life.  It's very refreshing and makes me feel whole again.  It is helpful for getting in touch with parts of me that I don't usually connect with.  

Friends are invaluable in life and especially for me right now as I start to rebuild my life in a way that is better for me.  To all my friends thank you for being there for me and helping rediscover who I am at the core.

3 comments:

  1. Put credit where credit is due, Danielle: have a good hard look in the mirror. She's the one who did all the work to make those hard choices, look to find yourself, and take yourself on your journey. Learn to appreciate yourself once in awhile too. Still, you have a good network of friends and family: cherish them. Hold on to them tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous. I thought about your comment and wonder if my blog wasn't clear. It wasn't so much about not giving myself credit, nor about not appreciating myself, but more about being thankful for the good things in my life. I know that I take this journey and no one can do it for me, but the help along the way is invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I just thought you needed reminding, that's all.

    ReplyDelete