Monday 30 May 2011

Taking stock

After arriving home from my road trip I think it is now time to take stock of things.  Where am I in this journey, what are my successes, where can I see there is more work to be done?

Successes:

  • Writing this blog
  • Sharing my story
  • Admitting to depression
  • Taking time to think about what I need
  • Letting others help me
  • Knowing better what I need and how others can help me
  • Finding new ways to bring balance into my life
  • Digging through the muck (thanks Amber, such a great word) in my head
  • Feeling and processing a lot of painful things
  • Finding many of the causes of depression
Things to work on:
  • Confidence that who I am is ok
  • Paying more attention to what it is that I need going forward, rather than dealing with the past pain
  • Letting people know who I am on the inside
  • Connecting with friends on a more consistent basis
I am sure there are others for both categories, but that is the list for the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment