Tuesday 21 June 2011

hurting and broken

Funny how conversations you have with people can spur ideas.

After a conversation with a friend tonight I am  left wondering why it seems that so many of us want to hide behind masks.  It seems we want to show off only the best of ourselves and never admit to the darkness, pain, confusion, bewilderment etc... that we are carrying around.  What a blessing it would be to all of us if we could share who we really are, instead of the mask we want others to see.

Because, when it comes right down to it, we are all hurting and broken on some level.  We all have good and bad inside of us.  We all have pain, suffering, sorrow, joy, happiness, love.  I know that hiding from myself and from others only makes me feel worse and more isolated.  This does nothing to help me through the dark days.  I know that some days I am strong and would be able to be the strength for others, other days I am weak and need people to be that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment