Saturday 11 June 2011

Grief

Today I am sad, not depressed, but sad.  I am grieving for a life that could have been.  Grieving for myself and so many years that I am spent depressed, lonely and alone, hiding my real self.  Grieving for the years I spend numb to life and not really alive.  I know I can't change any of that, but I need to let myself grieve also.  There were a number of bad years, it's ok to acknowledge that and be sad about it.  Today I will let myself be sad, cry a few tears and move on.  Opening myself up to feeling means taking the bad days with the good.

3 comments:

  1. Because I thought it might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all true, and it's likely something a lot of us go through. You have shown more courage and wisdom than most people by recognizing all these things. Take heart and recognize, too, that the life you want still can be.

    ReplyDelete