Wednesday 14 December 2011

Good People

I have some good people in my life. I am starting to be able to appreciate them more and more as time goes on and as I get better.  People who have supported me even when I have been difficult to be around.  People who inspire me, have taught me, share with me, make me laugh, cry with me, celebrate with me, accept me for who I am etc...  For so long I really couldn't see past the end of my nose.  Everything seemed hard and dramatic and everything was some one else's fault.  Negativity was also a mainstay in my world.  I know now that these are symptoms of depression.

I now can see people for who they are and really start to appreciate the good things about them, instead of always seeing the negative things.  I smile when I think of their jokes, I smile when I think of the amazing company they are, I smile when I remember how supportive they have been.  I hurt when they hurt, I laugh when they laugh.  I am blessed by so many people in my life and the newfound ability to see and appreciate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment