Tuesday 6 December 2011

Being beautiful

Today I have been feeling rather out of sorts.  The past week has been stressful and I haven't taken the time to stop and figure out how I feel and what I think about the whole thing, and my actions as part of it.  When I did, I was actually spurred me onto a whole different topic.  Apparently my brain works in mysterious ways.

For a lot of my life I judged my value on my accomplishments.  First it was school and then when that was over it was work.  It turns out, that for me, this is not a very good foundation for believing I have value and deserve good things in life.  It also was a bad way to look at things when my previous job didn't turn out all that well.  I couldn't find any value in me.  Not believing I had any value definitely contributed the depression.

Today I did some personal writing about how I see myself and how I want to see myself and I will share the flavour with you.  I wrote about how I am beautiful and perfect the way I am.  Who I am is so much more important than what I accomplish.  To me how I treat people, how I interact in the world is what I see as important.  And ultimately I am me and this is exactly what matters.  I deserve love, respect, caring etc... because of that and really there doesn't need to be anything else.  I will make mistakes, I will do beautiful things, I will bring joy and I will bring sadness.  This is the nature of being human.  All of these things make up me and I am beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment