Monday 26 December 2011

Creativity

This Christmas I made part of the presents for a few people.  Some silly craft-like bits.  Some of them turned out better than others.  For example I tried to make something that looked like a football for my dad, not such a big success.  My mum's silly jigsaw worked out pretty well though.

In the end, it was the creative process that was good fun.  Thinking up the ideas, planning and putting those plans to work was a good time.  And a good sign.  I used to like to make things, be creative.  When the depression got so bad I had no desire or drive to do any of it.  I really didn't even feel the creative juices flowing at all.  They are still flowing a bit like molasses, but at least they are starting to move.  For me creativity is an important part of feeling good about my life.  I am thankful that, that process is starting to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment