Friday 8 April 2011

Changes

Funny how you don't really see incremental changes in yourself.  I knew things were getting better and that I am certainly not in the same head space I was all through the fall and into the New Year.  However, watching other peoples reactions to me is more informative.  One of the ladies I play dodgeball with has really started reacting to me differently, smiling more, daring to joke around with me etc...  Then I went back to my doctor today to refill the anti-depressant prescription and he remarked on how different I am from when I went to see him in December, he said I have a sparkle in my eye and a smile on my face.  It's so good for me to hear those things sometimes as there are lots of days I still feel down, or frustrated, or discouraged.  Those kinds of different reactions are the kinds of things that give me confidence that all the hard work of digging through pain and hurt really is paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment