Tuesday 25 October 2011

Stalked by depression

Depression seems to follow me everywhere, even places I wouldn't have thought. For awhile after the diagnosis I thought maybe I would keep it quiet, but it turns out that is hard to do.

Anywhere medical, dentist, physio, massage, acupuncture, for starters as they always want to know what kind of medication I am taking and what for.  Work also.  I took nearly a month off last year around Christmas.  Then earlier this year I got a new boss.  I needed to explain the numerous doctor's appointments (included psychologist).  I also needed to explain why I am not interested (at least for now)  is some advancement opportunities.  These kinds of unexpected behaviours usually make people wonder.

Anytime I am asked about my coming out story I end up talking about it because the two are so intertwined there is pretty much no way to avoid that.

And today, somewhere I would not have thought about.  I went to give blood and they also want to know what kind of medications and what for.

For me, this isn't so bad as I have come to terms with it and well I share a lot about my journey on this blog.  But it's amazing to me how much and how often it comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment