Thursday 1 September 2011

Invisible

I feel invisible, like people don't even notice I am there.
I don't take up my own space in the world.
If I am invisible, then I can't get hurt.
I am invisible to myself though, and this hurts a lot.

It's like you see me, but look right past me.
My being there is irrelevant to you.
I don't stand up and say "look at me, I matter".
I don't believe I matter.

Slowly I start to believe I matter.
I am no longer invisible to myself, but I am unknown.
Look at me, listen to me, pay attention to me.
I  have some space in this world and I will learn to occupy  it.

I am visible, I will  make you see me.
My being there will be relevant, whether you like it or not.
I am visible, I matter, I will ask to be recognized.
I see myself, you see me, I am not longer invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment