Sunday 11 September 2011

Emotions Part 2

I have found myself to be very emotional the last couple of days.  All the 9/11 talk and reliving the weirdness of that and I found out yesterday that someone I used to know quite well died about a month ago at the age of 47.

When I have strong emotions I really don't know how to handle them.  It seems very overwhelming to me to feel anything that strongly and to know what to do.  The struggle for me is to keep feeling the emotions and not bury them because it is difficult to manage.  They say practice makes perfect and I have never had a lot of practice with feeling emotions, not strong ones anyhow.  I guess I will have to keep letting myself feel them to know how it is that I react to that.

Even now as I write this I find myself feeling very sad.  Sad that I don't really know what to do with emotions, sad for lost time, sad for the me that felt so bad for so long, sad for the family of the person I used to know.  I will let myself feel sad and know that the grieving process is normal, but for me it is going to be very challenging for awhile as I have never really had any practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment