Sunday 21 August 2011

Search for me

You probably won't even look for me.
You haven't any idea that I need to be found.
Other people don't know either.
I am buried so deep that you can't even imagine me.
There is so much pushing down on me that it makes it hard for me.
No one knows I am here, no one remembers me.

I will make my presence known somehow.
I will make it so you want to look for me.
I will make you so very uncomfortable with the fake you.
I will make it so hard for you that looking for me is the only way.
For, I am you.  The real you.
The you you have forgotten.
The you you started pushing down in order to avoid being hurt.
Hurts that you didn't know how to deal with.
The you you ignored in order to fit in.
The you you twisted around so much that I was unrecognizable.
What you didn't know then is pushing me down would hurt you more in the long run.

By pushing me down you were vulnerable to all of the other stuff that has weighed so heavily on me.
By pushing me down you forgot who you are.
By pushing me down you tried to be someone else, but you can't do that forever.

Truth will set you free.
Look for me, find me, honour me, know me.
If you do, I will no longer have to find ways to make you pay attention.
I will no longer make you uncomfortable or sad or angry just because.
We will live together, aware of each other and free.


1 comment:

  1. WOW. That's amazing. Part of the newly emerged "you" is a poet!

    ReplyDelete