Thursday 11 August 2011

Success story - sort of

Last night I tore some tendons in my finger playing dodgeball.  Ok, that's clearly not the success story.  The success story comes with how I handled the whole thing.  For so long, everything in my life was hard, everything was a big deal, everything was cause for severe anxiety and finding solutions to problems seemed impossible.  Yesterday I managed to get some first aid, get a ride to the urgent care, and wait for 4.5 hours at urgent care without getting agitated or anxious.  I managed to figure the solutions to how to get my finger cared for and what to do about my car, which I couldn't drive.  It was a challenging situation for me, but not in the same way.  I could handle it, I could manage, I came through the situation with only a banged up finger and not a banged up mood.  That is the success story.

No comments:

Post a Comment