Saturday 27 August 2011

Stressors

This last week at work for me was very much ramped up.  Very intense, long hours, lots of work.  While I found it tiring I didn't find it particularly stressful.  It got me thinking about stressors in our lives.  I think of other times in my life where things often felt stressful to me and so why then and why not this past week when you might have expected that.  To me when the interpersonal stuff is hard, that is much harder for me. When I feel weak, or threatened, or disrespected, that is hard.  When the parameters, expectations and environment are unpredictable, that is stressful.  This past week was fine for many reasons.  The group I was working with was great, the expectations were clear from the outset and didn't really change during the week and we all worked together, covered each others backs etc...  I guess the point is that different things are challenging for different people, for me it is good to learn what makes things harder for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment