Sunday 21 August 2011

Telling my story

Since realizing that I am gay things have been interesting.  Often when I meet other gay people the conversation comes down to coming out stories.  I have told mine enough by now that forever mine will also include me telling people that I also deal with depression as the two are so inextricably linked together.  I am sure that it is a root cause of the depression and yet there is so much more as well.

Funny, I started this blog for my own sanity and it really set me up for dealing with coming out.  I had already told a lot of people something really hard for me to say.  And realized in the process that other people's reactions are theirs to manage or deal with.  Really, coming out is the same thing.  It's being true to who I am and letting other people deal with it if they don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment