Monday 15 August 2011

Talking it out

I spent the weekend with some friends I haven't seen or talked to much since last summer.  It's funny how talking to them, some anyhow, has really allowed me to see how much things have changed.  I can tell  the story now with a bit of emotional distance.  I don't feel plunged into the depths.  I also can see that every so slowly I am moving from dealing with the depression to finding ways to live my life so that hopefully  I don't crash again.  I can see myself doing things differently, doing things in a way that really takes care of me.  I am starting to ask to  have my needs met, I am telling people what I need them to know without worrying so much about what the reaction will be, I am learning to let other people own their own stuff and not taking it on myself.

And on top of that it was just plain a good weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment