Wednesday 3 August 2011

Tools

For quite some time I was afraid to write on here that I am gay and so I wrote about other things.  As you will have noticed I changed my mind.  Accepting this one fact about me is pretty fundamental to my healing process and so it felt like I couldn't really write, couldn't really explore the things I need to explore, so I put it out there.  I hadn't realized how much I had come to rely on writing this blog to help me sort through my life lately.  But I found that I missed it.

There are many tools to dealing with depression, medications, counseling, friends, family etc...  But for me, writing has be critical.  It helps me stop things from going around and around in my head and having  to put some coherency to them.  Writing on a blog that I know others are reading makes me think harder about what I want to say and often lets me find some sort of resolution, or at least a way to move to the next step.
I am glad to have found a tool that is pretty reliable for me.

And so dear readers I thank you.  For reading, for commenting, for letting me know that my journey is worthwhile for me and that in some small way I am helping other people as well.

2 comments:

  1. VERY proud of you sista! glad i can be on this journey with you!

    Jen C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jen. Glad to have you along also.

    ReplyDelete