Wednesday 7 November 2012

hanging in

For the last 5 weeks I have been working, A LOT.  Really, I haven't been doing a whole lot else.  Tonight I am worn out and tired. But, I am holding on... for dear life it feels like. Tomorrow the pressure will let up some and the next day even more.  I am bit afraid of what is going to happen when I let go.  This is really the first time of sustained pressure and stress I have had since my diagnosis.  Truthfully I wasn't even sure I could handle it at all.  I've managed so far... 2 more days.

It has made me realize a few things though.  About 14 months ago I stopped working full time and started working 4 days a week.  I was pretty sure this was a good decision and really helping me.  Now I know for sure.  I am really looking forward to having 3 day weekends again.  I realize what good balance that is for my life. I also know that I am good for about 2 weeks of a lot of work and then it starts to wear on me.  But, I know that even now, I am alive and I am not at the end of my rope.  Just worn out.

I can tell writing this that I am tired. I am not sure sure how coherent it is, but I hope the message gets through.

No comments:

Post a Comment