Saturday 20 October 2012

Hanging on

My job right now is pretty intense, it has been for about 2 weeks and looks to be for 3 more.  This is a big test of my ability to cope with things.  I am working way more than usual having to work very closely with one person in particular who I find very, very challenging.

I'm working hard to ensure that I take care of myself through this, but certainly the time I have to do some of the things that are good for me is very limited.  So far I feel ok, but  I'm scared too.  I have an inkling that right underneath the coping is not coping and it could surface anytime.  I'm hoping I can hang on until things slow down.  It feels a lot like things used to be when I always just kept coping.  Maybe that is why I am scared.  It feels the same.  It might now be though, things have changed.

We'll see how it goes I guess.  I knew I would have to face this kind of test of my coping skills eventually as this is the way my job works.

No comments:

Post a Comment