Wednesday 21 November 2012

Clogged sink

Tonight my kitchen sink plugged up.  It wasn't fun.  However, I am so glad to see how I reacted.  I didn't flip out.  I didn't have major anxiety.  It wasn't a crazy dramatic event.  I took apart the pipes under the sink.  This made a huge mess.  I managed to find a piece of wire to try to clean out whatever the clog was.  I got my sink back together.  I called the plumber.

None of this was dramatic.  I was able to problem solve. I was able to try a couple of things.  I'm not worked up over having to have a plumber in.  I'm not happy about it, but who likes plumbing problems.  I am grateful though to be able to manage.

Funny.  I wrote and published the first two paragraphs of this post and then started to feel extremely anxious.    Huh?  What's that about?  I don't trust the feeling better.  I feel like I always have to be alert and like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I didn't actually realize I was doing this until tonight.  Just naming it has helped with the anxiety.  Hopefully I can find a way to believe that the better will last.  Or, at the very least be ok in the moment and not worry about what happens later.

1 comment:

  1. It was brave of you to try to fix your clogged sink! But, hiring a plumber to do it for you is still the best thing to do. You should've watched how the plumber repaired it, so next time, you can do it by yourself.

    ReplyDelete