Tuesday 7 August 2012

Themes

Day 2 of group therapy was better.  I was way less anxious, and I even dared say a few things.  Nothing too personal, but still, I did talk.  And, I'm able to write about some learnings so that is also a good sign.l

I was struck tonight that no matter who we are, or how we got to be in the group, or what contexts we face so many of the themes are the same. Self-worth, self-care, feeling trapped, being stuck, the consequences of being in survival mode, not knowing how to constructively say what we feel, not feeling like we can stand up for ourselves, sacrificing our own needs and wants for other people.

Funny, because I know all of these.  I have, and am still, working on how all of these things are a part of my life.  Where to find the balance between the parts of me that care for other people, and yet not sacrificing myself to care about them.  It's a challenge for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment