Tuesday 19 July 2011

Shades of grey

I was out for dinner tonight with a new friend and we had a really good chat.  Funny how sometimes you just connect with people and get past the superficialities of life in short order.  Anyhow, her life has been very very different from mine.  Kids, divorces, sleeping around, cheating.  All things that in one point in my life would have made me recoil and not want anything to do with this person.  But as I am learning, some through getting older, and some through my journey with depression, life is not that simple.  Everyone learns and grows and changes as they go along.  And sometimes decisions we make have huge consequences that change the course of our lives in ways we never could have anticipated.  The thing is, we had a lovely dinner and a great chat and in a lot of ways we have a lot in common.  She has been through depression and we are both working on learning a lot of the same lessons.  We may have come to this point on different paths, but at this point I believe we can help each other.  We all have history, we all have baggage.  It's really what we do with it that makes us who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment