Monday 18 July 2011

Counselling

Today I went to see a psychologist, the same one I have been going to for quite some time now.  Every time I go there I feel like I have thrown all my guts on the table, gathered them up in a bag and then brought them home, where I have to find a way to put them all back in again.  I am emotionally spent after this generally, but the thing is that every time I learn a little bit more about where to put things so that things are better.  It's always a hard process, but rewarding also.  (If it isn't making things better why am I paying her right?)  Getting the perspective of someone who is not emotionally attached to you is helpful as they can be more objective.  I am glad to have found someone to talk to who is a good fit for me.

3 comments:

  1. IMO, a good psychologist doesn't answer your questions for you, but rather teaches you to answer them for yourself. Glad you found someone who is a good fit to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, as hard as it is sometimes. (Ok, from the non-techie - IMO - in my opinion?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) In my opinion, you got it.

    ReplyDelete