Friday 31 January 2014

The darkness returned

This has been a very rough week for me.  The darkness seems to be back.  At the beginning of the week it was unbearable.  I felt again like I was in the dark foggy place and that nothing could break through the darkness.  It is so scary in that place.

Thankfully things are getting better.  I feel like the darkness has moved about 3 feet out and I can see some cracks of light again.  But, it's still a tough place to be.

What got me here this time?  It seems to be a stacking of a number of things.  Mainly not paying attention to my mental space and how I've been feeling.  This has been coming for awhile, but instead of stopping and paying attention to it, I just pushed through.  This is a pattern for me.  Push through until I can't anymore.

Is there a lesson here?  I think it is to find different ways to make sure I pay attention to what is going on with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment