Wednesday 1 January 2014

3 Years

Today is my nephews 3rd birthday.  Almost three years ago I wrote the article linked below to describe what was going on for me the day he was born.  Now, three years later, I read that article and barely recognize myself, then or now, I'm not sure.  My life is so different now in so many ways.

Last night I went to a dance to celebrate the new year.  I had a great time.  Part way through the night I found myself thinking that "this is what is must be like to not be dealing with anxiety and depression".  I felt good.  I danced, I didn't worry about what others thought of me.  I let myself go and move to the music.  It was great, and such an unexpected delight for me.


A lot has changed for me since my nephew was born, and for that I am grateful.


Happy 2014.


http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/parenting/parenting-facts-and-arguments/my-nephews-birth-gave-me-hope/article2040196/

1 comment:

  1. Was so great to ring in the New Year together and glad you had fun too. Even more important, you can see and feel the progress you have made these past three years. That's what life is all about....progress...sometimes forwards, sometimes sideways but progress nonetheless. I congratulate you!!

    ReplyDelete