Tuesday 21 January 2014

Work

The last little while I am finding that I can't leave work at work. I find myself thinking about it all the time. It is an intense time at work right now, but there is still no reasom to be mentally bringing it home.

So why am I? That's a good question that I can't seem to find an answer to. Although as I think about it, I wonder if it is at least partly because I haven't really had a place to debrief from the intensity. I am I'm a different role this time around and it is a very solitary role. Most other times when this same kind of intense time has happened I have been in a role where there was a lot of collaboration. That gave us all a chance to debrief as we were living the same thing.

No one else is sharing the same experience that I am right now and there really aren't a lot of opportunities to talk about it. The experience is not bad, only really intense. It requires a lot of brain power and being "on" for very long stretches of time.

Interesting revelation. I've been saying for a long time now that I don't want to do this role again. I thought it was because it is just not interesting to me. That is certainly a major factor, but now I see that I don't like how solitary it is either. I like the team work and collaboration. I find the benefits of that process outweigh the frustrations for me. The solitary role has fewer frustrations in a lot of ways, but it is not my preferred way of working.

I hope that this new understanding will help me be better able to find ways to leave work at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment