Tuesday 18 September 2012

My sister

My sister is amazing.  I have been having a really tough week this last week.  Today I phoned her out of the blue and asked to come over.  She said yes.  Now, this may not seem amazing to some of you, but my sister had a baby 5 days ago.  Despite her learning how to manage with a toddler and a new baby, she was so supportive today.  She wanted to ensure I was ok.  We had a really good talk, for which I am grateful.

We talked about sadness.  We talked about not having to feel happy all the time, no matter if you have depression or not.  We talked about some things that she has observed in my life of late.  Frankly we talked. After 3 days of not leaving my place, it was nice to get out and to talk about stuff.  Real stuff, not surface stuff.  It was a talk I needed.   A place to articulate a lot of what has been going on in my head.

And, well my nephews are fabulous creatures so hanging out with them never hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Sending you a big big hug from the ocean somewhere around Skagway Alaska.

    ReplyDelete