Sunday 1 April 2012

Lovely kids

I was at brunch at a friends place today and one of the lesbian couples there brought their kids (I think they are 3 and 5).  These kids spend about 1/2 their time with the lesbian couple and then the other 1/2 the time with their dad.  They are lovely kids.  It got me thinking about why people are so worried about children being raised by gay people.  Truthfully, I don't understand.  I can see that both of the ladies love these kids.  One is their biological mom, the other entered their lives a bit later.  The kids are pleasant and smart and curious and well kids.

I see so many kids out there that have such challenging home lives and the kids themselves are so challenging.  Yes, having lesbian moms is a challenge for kids in some ways.  To me, this challenge is so much smaller than so many other things kids face.  These kids are growing up in an environment that will certainly encourage them and provide them with love and support.  What more should we ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment