Tuesday 10 June 2014

Fragility

Recently a friend told me that he feels vulnerable telling people he has depressiom because of the stigma. I get that. Feeling vulnerable makes me feel fragile. When I think about it there is something bigger than stigma that makes me feel vulnerable though. That is the fragility of feeling ok.

For now I am feeling ok. But I know how quickly that can change. All it takes is a week or so of complacency about the things I know I need to do for my mental health.

The month of May I let those things go. I didn't take time to sort through my emtions and they piled up and then came crashing down on me. I didn't take time to write or think or just be. By the end of the month I was feeling pretty low. Actually not that low, but crazy anxious. The other sign that things were off the rails was the instant rage at silly things. Mainly road rage and sidewalk rage (on a regular week I walk more than I drive). For me this is generally difficult emotions coming out sideways.

For me, mental health is a fragile thing. Something to take a lot of care with.

No comments:

Post a Comment