Tuesday 8 April 2014

Asking

Today I did something at work that doesn't quite seem real, although I know it is. The details aren't important. Let's say that I stood up for myself about something that really isn't working for me. Nothing bad going on, just not right for me. It was a really hard thing for me to do, but I did it.

Not long ago there is no way I would have been able to say anything. I would have been paralyzed by fear. Fear of what people would think of me, or say to me. But today, I didn't let that stop me. I did what I needed to do for me. Wow.

My new counsellor always asks what certain actions say about me...so here goes. I am brave, I value myself enough to ask for what I want, I care about being happy in my work place.

So often I have placed no value on my own needs and wants. So often I have let fear rule the day. Today I took my courage and used it.

2 comments:

  1. This is great. Keep it up Danielle. Very happy for you. Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing this for yourself genuinely helps other colleagues see its safe to and acceptable to put yourself first. In the end it always makes for a much more productive and effective team. Besides that, I'm just so happy you valued one of my favourite people so much to stand up for her. ;)

    ReplyDelete