Tuesday 15 April 2014

Rollercoaster

It's been one of those days with a lot of emotional ups and downs, which might explain why I am exhausted. There was a terrible happening in Calgary last night. 5 university students were stabbed to death by what looks like another student. It makes my heart ache to think of the pain this has caused to so many people.

My friend told me that her teenage daughter cut herself again yesterday. That just breaks my heart.

I had a job interview this morning and a mentally tough meeting this afternoon. Both were exhausting. I feel good about the interview. No idea if I will get the job, but I really feel like I did my best. It was a cool feeling to come out of there really not worrying about the outcome. The rest is out of my hands.

Then I was reading Twitter posts about Clara's Big Ride, which.is all about raising awareness about mental health. So inspiring. If you don't know, Canadian olympic medalist is riding her bike around Canada raising awareness. Pretty cool. She is coming here at the end of May. Knowing that people are out there doing what they can to make things easier makes me glad.

So a day where I have been very aware of my emotions. The awareness in and if itself makes me feel good and helps me to see the progress I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment