Monday 24 March 2014

Complaining

It is always interesting going back to work after a week of vacation. When I went in today I was feeling very mellow. I figured out what I needed to do and had a productive day.

I realized something though. People are wired to complain. I didn't care to hear the gossip or how someone wasn't doing what someone else thought they should do, and yet that is a lot of what I heard about. So much of the negative side of what happened while I was away.

Interestingly, this is stuff that I really don't ever care about and yet I find it so easy to get drawn into it. There is an allure to the gossip and focussing on the negative.

As I have been away from work a lot lately (mainly because I was so sick with a cold and the flu, but also vacation) I have noticed how much work affects me. I realized today that there is a lot of negative energy in my work place. Not everyone is negative to be sure, but a lot of people are. As I take in so much of the energy around me, I have certainly been taking in the negativity.

So now, the question is, how to manage going forward? So many of the circumstances that are leading to the negativity are not going away any time soon, and some people see the negative. It's just who they are. I am not too sure what to do, but hopefully I can find something that will help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment