Monday 25 June 2012

Not perfect

I've recently been rekindling a love of drawing.  I stopped doing it a long time ago when someone told me I didn't have any talent at it.  I so much wanted approval for so much of my life then when I couldn't do something well then I just didn't do it at all.  Now, I am discovering the value in the process.  I love to draw. Am I likely to become a professional artist?  I can't picture it.  But, it doesn't matter.

I am learning that perfection is not necessarily the end goal in life.  Trying, taking risks, growing, learning.  These are all perfectly valid goals.  Going after them makes me feel better about myself than going after perfection ever has.  It's interesting seeing myself slowly pursue different things in life. To judge myself on different criteria than I ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment