Friday 15 June 2012

Changes

I went to a house concert tonight.  It was at a lesbian woman's house and the performer was a lesbian who sings about life as a lesbian. I was sitting on the living room floor there, thinking about how different my life is from what it used to be.  At one point, I was very involved in church and spent a lot of time with fairly conservative Christians.  And, before I move on, let me add how wonderful and lovely these people are.

Tonight I was in a room full of gay women, watching a concert.  I loved every minute of it.  I felt like I belonged there in a way that I haven't often felt in my life.

It amazes me sometimes how my life has changed and how I am feeling more and more comfortable in my skin.  It's still novel for me.  Maybe some day I'll get used to it.  I just hope I never take it for granted.

Ok, fairly random thoughts tonight. It's late, I'm tired.  But these things are on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment