Saturday 9 June 2012

Defining me

Lately it feels like the connection I have with people I meet is always either depression, being gay, or both.  For about a year and a half now, these are the two things that have been biggest in my life.  But, lately it feels like they are not really good reasons to connect with people, at least they are not enough.  I'm so much bigger than depression.  It's a part of me, but it's certainly not all of me.  But, I think it is the part of me that has been showing through the most.  I'm not entirely sure how to give it its proper place in my life, but it certainly needs to be smaller.

I want to connect with people for all sorts of reasons, not just because of having depression.  I find in cases where this is the biggest connection, the relationship is hard for me.  I have been there, but I am so much better now.  I don't want to be in the dark place anymore and spending time with people that are there is a big challenge.  I have to work hard to keep myself level.

This is something for me to think on.  I need to think about how I connect for other reasons.  How I show the rest of me, and not just this.

4 comments:

  1. Horray for dodgeball connections?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! My connection with you has never been about either of those things. Never will be. Will call you this week. Bises. J

    ReplyDelete