Wednesday 21 May 2014

Relief

Funny how I don't always realize how much things are bugging me until they are no longer bugging me.  This is often true for me, but it really hit home today.  I found a lump in my breast recently, and it was/is extremely painful. I tried really hard to pretend like everything would be fine and that I wasn't worried about it, but I was.

Today I saw my doctor and he was pretty convinced it is a cyst and nothng to worry about. I will go for some tests next week just to be sure. Once he told me that though, I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders. I knew I was worried about it, but I didn't know how much until I didn't have to worry anymore.

Funny, as I write this I wonder if it is a subject that will make some people uncomfortable...the talk of breasts. Then I realize that this whole blog is about a topic that might make people uncomfortable. So many people don't want to talk about mental health...or breasts. And so I share in an effort to change those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment