Wednesday 7 August 2013

Anxiety

Lately I can feel myself obsessing over things.  Thinking too much.  Not being in the moment.  I know this pattern well.  It's a clear sign that things are off for me.  But, this time I am starting to wonder if it is much habit as depression?  I know that my meds are starting to work again, but I am not back to where I was.  So, some of it certainly could be depression and anxiety as part of the illness.  But, I also know that I am prone to obsessing and thinking too much.

It leads me to feel out of control and insecure, or maybe those things lead me to a lot of anxiety.  Kind of a chicken and egg thing.  Unfortunately it is also a vicious circle thing.  The worse I feel, the more I try to control things, the more I obsess about things.  The more I do this, the worse I feel about myself.

And so, where to go from here?  I'm not sure.  I hope that recognizing this pattern will help me find a way through. Not knowing is hard for me... out of control.  I know that this is something I am going to have to come to terms with, so I guess I shall start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment