Thursday 13 March 2014

The Flip Side

Today I we to again to see my new counselor. The session got me thinking about some things. So much of the therapy I have been in has been about exploring the hard stuff. This was very useful for me. But, it doesn't feel useful anymore. Thankfully this counselor is good with that.

I got to thinking that mayne it is time to think about the good stuff. I am afraid to go there though. Afraid that if I tell people I am starting to feel better that they will stop paying attention, stop asking how I am. The truth is that good or bad I still need places to talk stuff out sometimes. I need to keep paying attention to how I am doing. That is a huge part of why things are slowly getting better.

So, the good stuff. I realized today how many things I do differently now. I advocate for myself. I have learned where a healthy boundary is for me between caring about doing a good job at my job and giving way too much of myself. I have tackled some incredibly difficult things. I found my way out of some really bad situations. I have been courageous in learning to live with depression. I have been courageous in tackling my trauma and the after effects. I care about myself and sometimes I even act like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment