Friday 28 February 2014

A tiny bit of relief

You never know what will work and what won't when dealing with depression. Things have been pretty rough for a few weeks now. Some people call it a dip. I guess you could call it that as it is not as bad as before I started treatment. But it feels like a pretty low dip to be sure.

I've been struggling to figure out what I can change to give myself a shot at feeling better. Things don't usually get better until they get different.

Here is a picture of one of the things that has brought a small bit of relief. Doing puzzles is something I have always liked, thanks to my mum. But I haven't done a lot of them of late. I borrowed a puzzle from my mum and didn't do it. It was a picture that she like, but isn't very inspiring to me. So, try something new. I bought a few puzzles, ones that inspire me.

And so, it helps a bit. Doing puzzles gets me away from the computer, makes me use a different part of my brain and relaxes me, helping me sleep.

Things are still rough, but at least I have found one thing that shines a crack of light through the darkness.

1 comment:

  1. Love the puzzle, like that you say there is a light, no matter how small. Thank you for the update, dave

    ReplyDelete